Sailing Coach & Club Administrator
Location: Vikings Sailing Club, Malta
We are seeking a highly motivated and experienced sailing coach to join our coaching team at Vikings Sailing Club. The successful candidate will work with a diverse group of sailors, from beginners to advanced, and will have the opportunity to help them improve their skills and achieve their goals on the water.
The selected candidate will be responsible for leading practice sessions and providing instruction and feedback to sailors in order to help them improve their sailing skills.
In addition, the selected candidate will also occupy the role of Club Administrator and will be responsible for handling day-to-day administrative tasks at the club.
- Develop and deliver training programs for sailors of all levels. The coach will be responsible for creating and delivering training programs that cater to the needs of sailors of all levels. This includes beginners, intermediate, and advanced sailors.
- Lead on-water coaching sessions, both group and individual to help sailors improve their technique and performance.
- Provide feedback and support to sailors to help them improve their technique and performance. This includes providing constructive feedback on their sailing skills and helping them set goals for improvement.
- Maintain accurate records of sailors’ progress and provide regular updates to the club management.
- Assist with the organization and coordination of club events and races.
- Maintaining safety of all members and equipment, conducting safety checks on equipment, monitoring weather conditions, and ensuring that all members are wearing appropriate sailing gear.
- Club administrative duties: The coach will be responsible for maintaining accurate records and logs for each course, managing membership information, and ensuring members are invoiced promptly and accurately for course participation. The coach will be responsible for managing the club’s fleet of boats and ensuring they are maintained in good condition, as well as performing general administrative tasks such as responding to emails, phone calls, and other communication from club members.
- Experienced dinghy sailor with proven racing experience
- At least 2 years of experience as a sailing coach, coaching at a competitive level
- Ability to work with sailors of all skill levels
- Strong communication, organizational, and leadership skills
- Valid Nautical License issued by Transport Malta and First Aid certification would be considered an asset
Note: If not in possession of a nautical license we will help you achieve it.
We offer a competitive salary and the opportunity to work with a dedicated and passionate group of sailors. If you are interested in joining our team and have a passion for sailing and teaching others, please submit your application, including a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.