Job Description: Sailing Coach
Position: Full-time (Summer Months -July to September 2023 with the possibility of an extension)
Location: Vikings Sailing Club, Malta
We are seeking a highly motivated and experienced sailing coach to join our coaching team at Vikings Sailing Club. The successful candidate will work with a diverse group of sailors, from beginners to advanced, and will have the opportunity to help them improve their skills and achieve their goals on the water.
The coach will be responsible for leading practice sessions and providing instruction and feedback to sailors in order to help them improve their sailing skills.
• Develop and deliver training programs for sailors of all levels. The coach will be responsible for creating and delivering training programs that cater to the needs of sailors of all levels. This includes beginners, intermediate, and advanced sailors.
• Lead on-water coaching sessions, both group and individual to help sailors improve their technique and performance.
• Provide feedback and support to sailors to help them improve their technique and performance. This includes providing constructive feedback on their sailing skills and helping them set goals for improvement.
• Maintain accurate records of sailors’ progress and provide regular updates to the club management.
• Assist with the organization and coordination of club events and races.
• Maintaining safety of all members and equipment, conducting safety checks on equipment, monitoring weather conditions, and ensuring that all members are wearing appropriate sailing gear.
• Experienced dinghy sailor with proven racing experience
• At least 2 years of experience as a sailing coach, coaching at a competitive level
• Ability to work with sailors of all skill levels
• Strong communication, organizational, and leadership skills
• Valid Nautical License issued by Transport Malta
• First Aid certification would be considered an asset.
Note: If not in possession of a nautical license we will help you achieve it.
We offer a competitive salary and the opportunity to work with a dedicated and passionate group of sailors. If you are interested in joining our team and have a passion for sailing and teaching others, please submit your application, including a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The successful applicant may be offered a yearly contract after the summer period should the demand for our courses continue over the rest of the year.